Happy FRIYAY!!! #TGIF….SO you have had a week in the NEW YEAR! YAY. How is it going so far? Have you set intentions for the year? the month? or the decade? I didn’t set my resolution yet because I was waiting for some inspiration… So for the #FITFRIDAY motivation this week: I hope I can inspire you to set goals for a happy healthy 2020.
I was listening to my FAV podcast “Straight Up With Stassi” >>>Listen to the full episode here. Yes, I know it is probably corny but I love the show, “Vanderpump Rules,” and if I ever go visit my bro out in LA, I am DEF going to at least one of Lisa Vanderpump’s restaurants. 🙂 So anyway back to Stassi… Stassi inspired me to think of my New Year’s resolutions in a different way…. I normally do some kind of shred diet and fitness routine at the start of the new year but this year I want to expand my intentions to include some “freedom” or “self love.” So here is what I came up with! Hopefully you can set new goals for yourself this year as well!
- Care less of what people think and feel less guilty to do things I want to do. So this might sound selfish, but if you listened to Stassi’s podcast, she brought up some good points: stop living your life for someone else and start enjoying your best life! I can’t imagine missing a child’s dance recital or baseball game. There must be tremendous mom guilt (yes I have heard this is real) but I am telling you right here and now to stop feeling guilty. FREE yourself of guilt and set meetings for yourself each week to do something YOU want to do not because someone told you to do it but because YOU enjoy it!
- Read a book once a month. OK I love reading and picking up titles that appeal to me. I love to listen to audiobooks in the car! However, finishing an entire book hasn’t been a top priority. This year I want to set the intention for myself to READ for me! Find the time to cozy up with a new book. Fall asleep to the words of a novel rather then watching reality TV.
- Volunteer and help others. This has always been a back burner thought. I always help my friends and family. I cook for my sick father and donate my old clothes to the Church but this year I want to help people more. I want to help strangers. There are so many people who do not have a house, clothing, clean water, etc. that need our help! I plan to cook for a shelter and volunteer more at mu church.
- Move more. I know this may be cliche but this idea is more about moving every hour then just getting my workouts in. If I just workout once a day and then sit at my desk all day and don’t bother to get up and move, then I am not fulfilling my move goal. I am saying to take the longer walk to the water fountain, park father away from your destination, take the stairs whenever possible. Not only will you feel better and have more energy but weak knees and bad backs will not be in your future. So get movin!
OK. Now your turn! I was thinking of an easy way to help others kick off their New Years Resolutions and I came up with the 30 day challenge: MIND BODY & SOUL. Ok here is what you can try with me:
Each week I will give you three small goals. Each week we will build on these goals. Are ya with me?
30 DAY CHALLENGE
- MIND: Start a gratitude journal. Leave an empty journal or piece of paper by your bed and write down 1-3 things each night that you were thankful for from that day. It can be as simple as: I am thankful for my morning coffee this morning or that you were on time for work today.
- BODY: Walk at least 30 minutes 5 days this week.
- SOUL: Replace water for soda at least 3 days this week. Don’t drink soda? Replace water for any other beverage you drink or try to drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
There is a reason why I am encouraging you to make your own choices and make time for yourself. It will help you in life! Did you know that exercising self care/ self love boosts your confidence and created a positive body image? It also allows you to have a healthy mindset and decrease stress and anxiety. Self love looks GORGEOUS on you… So this year… love yourself… If you’re up for a challenge, then lookout for next week’s goals on how to live your best life~Ms. Couture